Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
rich text

JUNE 27, 2002 THU Updated @ 11.55 am

BRAZIL VS GERMANY IT IS: Brazilian forward Ronaldo (right) bypassing Turkish midfielders Bulent Korkmaz (centre) and Emre Belozoglu on his way to scoring the only goal in the Brazil-Turkey encounter on Wednesday. The Brazilians now meet Germany in the cup final on Sunday. -- AFP Webspecial S$7b scandal rocks markets

GLOBAL stock markets were sent reeling yesterday after United States telecommunications giant WorldCom shocked investors by saying it had uncovered improper accounting practices involving almost US$4 billion (almost S$7 billion). This could force WorldCom into what would be the biggest corporate bankruptcy in American history - exceeding even the collapse of Enron Corp. Full Story

Temasek set to play more aggressive role
TEMASEK Holdings, the investment-holding arm of the Government, will cease playing a passive shareholder role and adopt aggressive strategies to create value and build platforms for future successful enterprises. Hacker swipes $1,000 from woman's POSB account
SOMEONE logged onto her DBS online banking account and transferred $1,000 from her POSBank savings account, but Ms Alexis Toh was none the wiser until the bank alerted her about it last Friday. One beautiful Ronaldo moment was all it took
SAVE the last dance for Brazil. The samba will be at the final on Sunday. And Germany might just finish the 2002 World Cup as a wallflower. The signs were all there, when Turkey had to bow out with great honour, outwitted ultimately 0-1 by Brazil in the semi-final at the Saitama Stadium last night. Sampras, Agassi and Safin shown the door
LONDON -- It was a day of David versus Goliath upsets at Wimbledon here on Wednesday with favourites Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi and Marat Safin, holding a total of 21 Grand Slams between them, shocked by unseeded players in the second round. What do you make of Dr Mahathir's sudden resignation and retraction?
How can the rising cost of public transportation be defrayed? Who should qualify for World Cup All-Star team?
In which area does your bank fall short?
Prime News

WHO'S AFRAID OF ONLINE BANKING?
Two cases of mystery siphoning out of funds from personal bank accounts have surfaced lately, where account holders lost between $500 and $5,000 to online thieves. Does this make you nervous all over again about online banking?

Click here to poll AP Headlines

[/url]

We need to change from driving a Volkswagen to a Formula 1 racing car to compete with the best in the world.
- Ms Ho Ching, newly appointed executive director of Temasek Holdings, on her plans to give a shot in the investment-holding arm of the Government. Full story

Quote Reply
Re: [DT] rich text In reply to
Probably the Chit Chat forum would've been better for this type of post.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] rich text In reply to
Hmm Im not sure about that Eliot...I think here is just fine.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] rich text In reply to
(Another reason for Edit notes :-))

This was originally posted in Internet Technologies forum. I moved it here as it seems the user was trying to test out the HTML capabilities of the forum.

Cheers

Hm. This is my 2 year anniversary as a GT Forum member. :-) Or at least, using this account ...

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Jun 27, 2002, 3:43 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] rich text In reply to
I thoroughly DON'T agree, Paul. The post clearly was a test of the forum capabilities than actually posting news, which only indirectly related to issues and concepts in the Internet Technologies forum. Thus, the post should've been posted in EITHER the Test or Chit Chat Forum.

As always, we agree to disagree! Mad

Again, mind your own business.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Jun 27, 2002, 9:42 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] rich text In reply to
Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't know Wil had moved the thread to the Test forum from Internet Technologies, hence Wil's comment above:

>>(Another reason for Edit notes :-)) <<

...so your comment seemed strange as from my perspective you were asking DT to post in the Chit-Chat forum rather than the Test forum.

However the test forum is probably more appropriate which is why Wil moved the thread here I assume.

>>Again, mind your own business. <<

*Giggle*

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 27, 2002, 11:35 AM