Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
How Do I?
Anyone know how I can login using my username from about 18 months ago?

I have forgotton my password, but I can receive a temporary password then my username and temp password does not let me login. I have tried to reregister with my old username and get a message saying the username already exists.

Can anyone help?

cheers
Quote Reply
Re: [Anonymous2] How Do I? In reply to
ummm ... PM jagerman I guess ... or try getting a new temp password ... the forum has been updated, I wonder if you got caught in the jagermanFluxconverter ???

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
What is the username, and what error do you get when you attempt to use the temporary password?

Keep in mind that you'll only be able to use it once - so once you log in you need to change you password immediately through the Profile link.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] How Do I? In reply to
Hi,

Username is 'rog' . I have just tried again a minute ago, I enter username and new temp password, and I am then taken to the main index page but not logged in.
If there was an error with the username or password I would stay on the login in screen and an error message would be highligted in red. My profile also says I logged in a minute ago when I didn't.
Quote Reply
Everything seems fine in your user information. Do you have cookies enabled on your browser? I added a cookie detection script to the login page, however it may not be working properly.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
I seem to be able to only reproduce the error you are describing in one case. It happens when I check the "use cookies" checkbox when logging in, but do not have cookies enabled.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] How Do I? In reply to
My browser is set to prompt for cookies, and I use cookie pal. I was logging in without 'checking' the use cookies box.
I have just found and deleted a gossamer cookie and will try to log in later using cookies.

thanks

rog
Quote Reply
Ok , I'm in. Cookie Pal was accepting cookies on
www.gossamer-threads.com but rejecting on gossamer-threads.com.
If the cookie box was checked or unchecked the login was mangled. Setting gossamer-threads.com to be accepted did the trick.

Thanks fo the help.

rog