hm
what are the chances of that?
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] hm In reply to
The chances of what?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] hm In reply to
Haha I knew I'd draw someone in to ask that :)

I was just on the who's online page and 6+ people were all performing a "Bad Action"
Quote Reply
Shocked

- wil
Quote Reply
It's absolutely amazing what is truly possible if one perseveres.Wink

Diversity by Design
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] hm In reply to
Did you determine what this was? I've noted a few myself. I halfway suspect users attempting to validate membership using broken URL's. Some e-mail programs break those long confirmation URL's into two lines and users can't seem to grasp the concept of grabbing the entire string. Have added a comment about this to the validation e-mail, but there will always be some who can't fit the square block into the round hole.

That's just my guess.

How about this one, "URL Forwarding"? Is there an ability to e-mail a thread or url via the board to someone? I haven't stumbled across it yet if there is.
Quote Reply
It may have been the failed deletes. It shouldn't (normally) be possible to cause a Bad Action without manually putting in a URL.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] hm In reply to
I just installed the update on that deletion bug and it's working nicely now. But I doubt that's the cause of the "Bad Action" message, at least on my board, my users are still getting over the shock of switching system and only a small handful have been brave enough to post let alone delete something.

I've also noted several users in "URL Forwarding" that I've not determined the meaning of yet.
Quote Reply
Re: [heavybombers] hm In reply to
URL forwarding is when they click on a url in a post and it redirects them.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] hm In reply to
>>It may have been the failed deletes. It shouldn't (normally) be possible to cause a Bad Action without manually putting in a URL. <<

Im not sure it was as this occured in November :)
Quote Reply
What about the Database server or another application server being down? I've stumbled accross a 502 error a few times, where your error pages politely tell me that you're upgrading a part of the demo software and/or restarting an application server.

- wil