Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Testing Forum :

GT Forum and G page rank

Quote Reply
GT Forum and G page rank
some of my current forums have a G pr of 3. would i be able to expect that with a GT Forum? tim
Quote Reply
test Inline In reply to

Last edited by:

Andy: Jul 28, 2010, 7:34 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Cancun Tim] test Inline In reply to
hmmm. no picture. ???
Quote Reply
i guess i don't know what inline means. Crazy tim
Quote Reply
Cancun Tim wrote:
i guess i don't know what inline means. Crazy tim

See my updated post above :) For inline, you can upload an image and then call it via:

[inline DSCN0529.JPG]

:)

Regarding PageRank - I think you may actually find the pagerank better with GForum (as we can use the SEO templates, which include keywords from the post themselves - this in turn should also help google to find your threads much easier :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] test Inline In reply to
good picture! Wink that is good to know about the SEO stuff for a GT Forum.

so if people are uploading a post, they would do text: blah-blah, then the [inline jpg], then blah-blah [inline jpg], when doing their Trip Report? ie: words and pictures in the post. tim
Quote Reply
Quote:
so if people are uploading a post, they would do text: blah-blah, then the [inline jpg], then blah-blah [inline jpg], when doing their Trip Report? ie: words and pictures in the post. tim

Yup - or if they are using the advanced file WYSIWYG editor, they would just click the "picture frame" image next to the "hyperlink" on the menu. This then gives you the option to enter a URL, or even upload an image :) (random image as an example below, done using this method)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Jul 28, 2010, 11:19 PM
Quote Reply
great picture Andy! In reply to
i'll let you do the Stickey for a How to use this Forum. Smile i kinda understand what you are saying, but for me to tell others on how to use all of the Forum attributes could be problematic. Frown

does this Forum have things like sign up to receive messages, im, and all that type of social media stuff? tim
Quote Reply
Re: [Cancun Tim] great picture Andy! In reply to
Quote:
i'll let you do the Stickey for a How to use this Forum. Smile i kinda understand what you are saying, but for me to tell others on how to use all of the Forum attributes could be problematic. Frown

haha ok ;)

Quote:
does this Forum have things like sign up to receive messages, im, and all that type of social media stuff? tim

It has Private Messages (s you can send a private message to other members), and also as you have probably noticed, it will also email you when someone replies to one of your posts Smile (assuming thats what you mean)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
i'm thinking more along the line RSS In reply to
so that people can "subscribe" to receive all posts if they want.

the PM would be good.

i do already have the auto reply, which can be turned off if that is what people want. tim
Quote Reply
Re: [Cancun Tim] i'm thinking more along the line RSS In reply to
Quote:
so that people can "subscribe" to receive all posts if they want.

To be honest, not sure if this is a feature, but if its not - we can always add it :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
maybe Adrian can tell us. In reply to
Adrian, does this Forum have a Subscribe feature? tim
Quote Reply
Re: [Cancun Tim] maybe Adrian can tell us. In reply to
Yes. On the main forum list there is a drop down box with Actions... in it. You can subscribe to a forum from there.
Quote Reply
good info. thanks! In reply to
any idea when this will be ready to roll?? tim
Quote Reply
Re: [Cancun Tim] good info. thanks! In reply to
Unfortunately not, and no matter how many times people ask the question, nobody from GT will commit to an answer.

The original announcement about GT using it on here was back in October 2008. Link

Last edited by:

MJB: Jul 29, 2010, 10:04 AM
Quote Reply
maybe since i'm a Newbie to Gossamer Host In reply to
they'll move on this.
Quote Reply
Re: [Cancun Tim] GT Forum and G page rank In reply to
Nice picture