Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

cgi-bin directory install

Quote Reply
cgi-bin directory install
I have used gforum successfully on a Web server that permits running .cgi scripts from any directory.

I now want to install gforum on a server where the .cgi scripts must run from the cgi-bin directory.

How do I arrange things so the images work OK and the file uploads are functional?

Do I shove everything into a sub-directory in cgi-bin and run install or do I have to put gforum.cgi in the cgi-bin directory and the .dat file somewhere else?

Thanks

PS gforum, discus and WebBoard are the only forums I know of that allow user creation and administration completely from the back end - ie no 'register' requirement. This matters in educational applications.
--
5230n0155w
Quote Reply
Re: [keithpeter] cgi-bin directory install In reply to
When installing gforum, it prompts you for the cgi path and url as well as the image path and url. So when it asks you for the image path/url just enter the path/url that's outside the cgi-bin.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] cgi-bin directory install In reply to
In Reply To:
When installing gforum, it prompts you for the cgi path and url as well as the image path and url. So when it asks you for the image path/url just enter the path/url that's outside the cgi-bin.

Yup - this worked but I have not tested file uploading yet.

Thanks for prompt response
--
5230n0155w