Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

across domains?

Quote Reply
across domains?
I'm considering buying and using gforum along with my lsql install. here's a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer:
1. I currently use vbulletin. I've read that I can't import directly from it, so I'm planning on going vbulletin-->phpbb-->gforum. is that sound? a better way?
2. currently I have lsql on mysite.com and my forums on forums.mysite.com. I'd like to keep it setup this way, if I do will there be any issues? (what I want is to share userbase, etc.). Ideas?

thanks in advance!
Will
Quote Reply
Re: [wwwill] across domains? In reply to
Hi. If you are importing from phpBB, then please be sure that you check the versions. You need version 2.0.8 (of phpBB), and I believe 1.2.1 of GForum.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [wwwill] across domains? In reply to
Hi,

1. That should work ok (I'm not sure of the quality of vb => phpbb import, but assuming it's fairly good, that should be fine).

2. That's not a problem, just make sure to set up your cookies so they work on '.yoursite.com' (i.e. all subdomains on your domain).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] across domains? In reply to
thanks so much. clearly I'm wanting to go towards a community type thing. I was hoping the community plugin and all associated upside would work across subdomains. If it won't, please Stop Me Now! Wink