Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

Search Engine Friendly Setup steps

Quote Reply
Search Engine Friendly Setup steps
I have followed the search engine friendly steps provided by including the rewrite rules in .htaccess and set the default templates to search_engine. Clicking on any of the links from the main forum page leads to a 404 error. I have tried to find a solution in 'Search Engine Friendly Templates!' thread but I have had no luck. Is this a common problem? Is there a common solution to this? This is a pretty fresh install so everything else should be default.
Quote Reply
Re: [hdigest] Search Engine Friendly Setup steps In reply to
Hmm ... what your error log says?

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Search Engine Friendly Setup steps In reply to
To this point, no error messages regarding /gfroum or /forum have appeared in the logs. I've received some error messages on a /d folder however, stating that rate.cgi and search.cgi have no execution permissions.
Quote Reply
Re: [hdigest] Search Engine Friendly Setup steps In reply to
Huh these two are not part of gforum package ... seems you have some rewrite rules mismatch Frown

But in other case 404 error means that the webserver cannot find the file in specified location and there must be some entry in error.log

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins