Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

Out of memory on install

Quote Reply
Out of memory on install
Hi!

I've been trying a bunch of things with installation but it looks like I'm getting timed out. The error reads:

Out of memory!

Out of memory!

Can't locate constants.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/gforum/admin /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/gforum/admin/GT/CGI.pm line 36.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/gforum/admin/GT/CGI.pm line 36.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/gforum/admin/GForum.pm line 23.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at gforum.cgi line 16.

[Wed Aug 14 10:22:02 2002] [error] [client 24.209.35.51] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/gforum/gforum.cgi

failed to open log file

fopen: Permission denied

[Wed Aug 14 11:28:17 2002] [error] [client 24.209.35.51] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/gforum/gforum.cgi

[Wed Aug 14 11:29:06 2002] [error] [client 24.209.35.51] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/gforum/gforum.cgi

[Wed Aug 14 11:29:08 2002] [error] [client 24.209.35.51] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/gforum/gforum.cgi

Out of memory!

GT::SQL (31684): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: The defs directory '/home/jagerman/projects/gforum/cgi/admin/defs' does not exist, or is not a directory. at /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/gforum/admin/GT/SQL.pm line 137.

[Wed Aug 14 11:32:31 2002] [error] [client 24.209.35.51] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/gforum/gforum.cgi

This might be more than just a memory problem. But I thought I would see what your oppinion was.

Thank you for your help and time!

Sage
Quote Reply
Re: [sagerock] Out of memory on install In reply to
It looks like your server is missing constants.pm ....try installing that first and see if it fixes the problem.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Out of memory on install In reply to
Thank you SO much for your lightening fast response.

That constants.pm error was probably from a slightly older error report. I have actually tried unpacking it locally and uploading it to the server. I've got contants.pm now uploaded to the admin directory.

Now the error reads:

[Wed Aug 14 12:20:06 2002] [error] [client 24.209.35.51] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi

[Wed Aug 14 12:20:22 2002] [error] [client 24.209.35.51] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi

[Wed Aug 14 12:20:24 2002] [error] [client 24.209.35.51] Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/site/site.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi

Thank you once again for your assistance.
Quote Reply
Re: [sagerock] Out of memory on install In reply to
Have you double checked the ownerships/chmodding on the files?

The error can be a result of the wrong perl path, the wrong ownership user/group, incorrect chmodding, carriage returns within the script caused by uploading in binary (although that should be irrelevant due to the installer).

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 14, 2002, 12:41 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Out of memory on install In reply to
Hi Paul!

I wanted to thank you for all your help. For some reason it looked like my data.pm file never got updated with my info.

But I'm checking out all the cool features right now.

Thank you!

Sage