Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

FOUR Questions

Quote Reply
FOUR Questions
FOUR Questions Quote | Reply

FOUR Questions Quote | Reply

I've been re-directed to this forum to post these questions and hopefully receive some assistance. This is the third time I've posted this. Please help!

1. How do I activate the Confirmation Email for new sign ups?

2. How do I get the moderator for each forum to become visible?

3. How do I edit/delete certain posts?

4. How do I place a Rules and Guidelines button at the top of the

Main Menu to link to the Rules and Guidelines?

I've activated what needs to be activated, for these functions,
but nothing shows At the Main Menu Page.

I cannot locate an edit or delete button. There used to be one.

PLEASE Email this information to me ASAP!

cymipa@aol.com

Thanks!

Shirl,

Quote Reply
Re: [Shirl] FOUR Questions In reply to
Hi.

I've tried to answer a few of your questions. I'm not very familiar with the Administrative side of Gossamer Forum, and you're not very clear in what you're trying to say, but I've given it a shot.

1. How do I activate the Confirmation Email for new sign ups?

Not sure what you mean here. Would you like to send an email to every new member once they have confirmed their signup and logged in once?

2. How do I get the moderator for each forum to become visible?

By 'visible' what exactly do you mean? They are visible at the top of every forum page. They were taken off the front page on version 1,1.1 I believe (you'll have to check the change log to confirm that). This shoudln't be too hard to put back, though - is this what you want?

3. How do I edit/delete certain posts?

If you have moderator powers or you are the Administrator you can edit or delete a post. Just click on the "Edit" or "Delete" links that accompy each post at the top right hand side in the default template set.

4. How do I place a Rules and Guidelines button at the top of the Main Menu to link to the Rules and Guidelines?

There hasn't been any Rules and Guidelines written, yet. I'm not sure if there ever will be as at the end of the day; it's your forum. You know what goes and what doesn't. The template change should be fairly easy - use the built-in template editor.

- wil
Quote Reply
Shirl,

Most of your questions are addressed in the manual.
http://gossamer-threads.com/scripts/gforum/manual.pdf

In admin, the confirmation e-mail is configured under "Setup", "Users".

To add a moderator, select existing user name and place it in the moderator section of the Forum. If you mean having a moderator column showing up, see the remarks in the Category & Forum templates

Edit and delete posts can be done either as a moderator/administrator through on the user side.

Custom buttons, you'll have to edit the templates.

It gets a little easier after you dig into it some.
Quote Reply
Thanks, Scott and Wil.

I'll be working on these suggestions and directions.

'Will let you know if I reach success!

Blessings!

Shirl