Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

need info on Competitive Upgrade Offer please

Quote Reply
need info on Competitive Upgrade Offer please
On the page for Gossamer Forum, it says:

Quote:
Competitive Upgrade Offer - We offer 50% off if you are already a licensed user of a commercial forum package. Simply enter into the order comments the software you are currently running, and where it is installed, and we'll take 50% off your order!

Quote Reply
Re: [beaverbeacon] need info on Competitive Upgrade Offer please In reply to
That's strange - my post got cut off after the quote ?

The end of that post was supposed to be:

If I currently have an owned license for vBulletin on Site A, would I be eligible for the 50% competitive upgrade offer to install Gossamer Forum on Site B? Or is it only if you want to buy Gossamer Forum to replace one of the other forum software packages?

Last edited by:

beaverbeacon: Oct 17, 2002, 5:15 PM
Quote Reply
Hi,

Our policy has been that if you are purchasing a copy of Gossamer Forum to replace an existing installation of a competing forum script, we make available the 50% discount. So in this case, unfortunately, we cannot extend the same offer to you, my apologies.

Jack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Ong, C.O.O., Gossamer Threads, Inc.
9th Floor, 100 West Pender, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 1R8
Email: <jack@gossamer-threads.com>
Tel: (604) 687-5804 Fax: (604) 687-5806
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] need info on Competitive Upgrade Offer please In reply to
Ah - thanks Jack. Understandable. I thought the wording on the main gossamer-forum page was too good to be true. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Hmmm,

You're right, the wording does indicate that if you're a user, you'll get the discount, you don't have to replace an existing installation.

Can you contact me directly via email to jack@gossamer-threads.com and give me the URL of your current Forum application and where you intend on using Gossamer Forum?

Jack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Ong, C.O.O., Gossamer Threads, Inc.
9th Floor, 100 West Pender, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 1R8
Email: <jack@gossamer-threads.com>
Tel: (604) 687-5804 Fax: (604) 687-5806
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] need info on Competitive Upgrade Offer please In reply to
I hope you didn't take my post above "too good to be true" the wrong way - I didn't mean it in a bad way. But it was unclear to me and when I first read it, I said to myself "this has got to be too good to be true!". In truth the two sites are about totally separate topics, so if your pollicy is only to offer the discount for replacements, that's ok with me too and todally understandable (but it would be good if you make the wording on the sales page more clear). But I appreciate your honesty and helpfulness.