Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
htaccess
we are using dbman and i'm using htaccess file for passwords. can we use the same htaccess for gforum so we don't have to have separate logins?
Quote Reply
Re: [delicia] htaccess In reply to
Hi,

Are you talking about the admin panel logins? If so, when you set it up - you will be setting up a new one. However, what you can do - is when you have installed it all, open the .htaccess file in your gforum admin folder, and change the "path" to the one of your DBMan admin area.

This should then require you to enter a login from DBMan.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] htaccess In reply to
i have never looked at gforum before so i don't really know if i'm talking about admin panel or not. i'm assuming that you can set up gforum so people must log in to see and post. i want their logins to pull from the htaccess file. how are userids and passwords stored for gforum?
Quote Reply
Re: [delicia] htaccess In reply to
Ah ok ... well in that case, they are stored in a MySQL table - with the passwords one-way encoded (for security). Its nothing to do with .htaccess for logins on gforum :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] htaccess In reply to
ok, when i have time i'll download the trial and see if i can do what i want. if so, i'll purchase!