Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

Pb with installation

Quote Reply
Pb with installation
Well,

My last question doesn't have any answer but I'm trying another question:

I've uploaded and chmoded what has to be chmoded (install.cgi and the folder) and uploaded with binary and ascii format but when I try to go to my url www.mysite.com/forum/install.cgi a windows pop-up asks me if I want to save this file...

Do you know why? Crazy

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: [AllyFR] Pb with installation In reply to
Hi,

Sounds like your server isn't setup to work with the .cgi file extension. You could try adding a .htaccess file into your /cgi-bin/, with the following code:

Code:
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Pb with installation In reply to
Thank you very much Andy I've added the htaccess file in the "cgi-bin" folder but it's still the same Unsure

Is there another solution?

I've read that we could launched the installation with the shell. Is it hard a process to do it? Like "--install"... I don't know exactly Angelic
Quote Reply
Hi,

Ok, try downloading this test script (attached).

Upload to your cgi-bin, CHMOD to 755, and run from your browser with http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/test.cgi, and also http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/test2.cgi (try both of them).

Then, see if either (or both) of them work.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Well it seems to be more complicated than I expected as on my server, like everybody else using this host server, we have to configure something so that CGI scripts could work... but I don't exactly where and what as my level is not high in configurating a server...

And I have two "/cgi-bin/" folders: one at "/home/cgi-bin/" and another one at "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/" so for now I'm trying to know how to reach a file when I add something in those folders...

My server is hosted by Sivit (French). Many people write on the forum to find a solution and they usually did :)) but I don't know if I will...

http://forum.sivit.fr/...search_id=1138904438
Quote Reply
Hi,

Have you tried contacting them about it? Sounds like a bit of a major server problem if Perl doesn't work :P

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks again Andy,

The problem has been solved and now I can install the forum.

However, I've got an error:

Quote:
Unable to load config file ConfigFile from install.dat. Reason: Bad file descriptor

Do I have to do like in this post or is there another solution?

Angelic
Quote Reply
up
Quote Reply
Hi,

PM / email me with some login details, and I don't mind having a look for you.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk