Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

PHP BB -> GForum

Quote Reply
PHP BB -> GForum
Has anyone successfully ported a phpBB 2.x database (users and threads) to Gossamer Forum when swapping forum software that you know of? Or is there a known patch/cgi file to do this.

I am just curious. If there was such patches around, and it was made known, maybe GT would get a couple more sales from people using other forum scripts such as phpBB.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] PHP BB -> GForum In reply to
Sorry I moved this here as I assume you didn't mean it to go in LSQL Pre Sales
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] PHP BB -> GForum In reply to
Hello Ian and overybody

I am interested in this topic and would likewise be pleased it would give an official statement in addition

greeting hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht

Last edited by:

hoefti: Aug 13, 2002, 1:48 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [hoefti] PHP BB -> GForum In reply to
Ich hoffe Sie mich kümmere um mich nicht Ihren Pfosten ins Englische für andere Mitglieder übersetzend. Die Übersetzung kann ein wenig lustiges sein, wie ich altavista.com Übersetzungsdienst verwendete.

Everyone else:

hoefti is interested in this topic also and is looking forward to any replies.

lol my translation converts back as:

I do not hope you me care for me your post translating into English for other members. The translation can be a little merry, as I used altavista.com translation service

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 13, 2002, 1:51 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] PHP BB -> GForum In reply to
In Reply To:
Ich hoffe Sie mich kümmere um mich nicht Ihren Pfosten ins Englische für andere Mitglieder übersetzend. Die Übersetzung kann ein wenig lustiges sein, wie ich altavista.com Übersetzungsdienst verwendete.

LOL Laugh

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Ah I see you changed it to English already :)
Quote Reply
Hello Paul

Sorry, but a long time ago i write the last word in english.

Please consider that a lot of german people purchase this Software but have many Problems wiht the language.

But I can quite laugh at my own words Wink

greetings hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
Hello Paul

Its to late for me Blush

good Night
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
Are you using phpBB at the moment? (sorry my German abilities stems to listening to Rammstein), I think my girlfreind knows some though.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
>>
Please consider that a lot of german people purchase this Software but have many Problems wiht the language.
<<

I was translating your post for other users, to help, it wasn't a criticizm because you posted in German.
Quote Reply
hmmm, I mentioned in a way back time that a conversion script would be nice to pick up PHPBB users but .... oh well maybe not enough time ?

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] PHP BB -> GForum In reply to
Has anyone come up with a phpb>gofrum solution yet?

CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] PHP BB -> GForum In reply to
I'll have a look into this in sometime today hopefully Smile Looks like there is quite a lot of people who want this feature...

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] PHP BB -> GForum In reply to
I am getting ready to purchase GForum but need to convert my phpbb posts etc. Has any figured a way to do this? Is there a converter yet?

CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Hi,

does a converter exist now?

Regards
Johannes
Quote Reply
Re: [jmar] PHP BB -> GForum In reply to
I was working on something, but got a big bogged down with other work I'm afraid.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Andy,
Ever made any progress on this?

ccunet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Unfortunatly not Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [jmar] PHP BB -> GForum In reply to
Just so you guys know, I'm working on a plugin for this. Its not going to be anything fancy, but so far I have it importing the users ok, and now I'm working on the generation of the categories (this will be fun Unsure).

I was going to release this as a freebie, but its taken me so long to get as far as I am now, that I'm going to have to charge it. If I can get a few users to "donate" say $200 between then (i.e $20 each, between 10 of you), then I could release it as a freebie for the other users. I just need to get something back from this plugin, as I've lost a good day and a half so far playing with it (the only reason I've continued to work on it, is because I *know* that people need it).

Please let me know your thoughts :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I'm getting there. All I have to do now, is the actual posts themselves (looks quite complicated Unsure). The users, categories and forums now all seem to work ok :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
(i.e $20 each, between 10 of you), then I could release it as a freebie for the other users.

I'm in for twenty

ccunet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
(i.e $20 each, between 10 of you), then I could release it as a freebie for the other users.

I'm in for twenty

ccunet

Cool :) Anyone else interested in this plugin? I could just do it for $20 to everyone, but I would prefer to get say 10 sales upfront, and then be able to give it away as a freebie (does't seem fair to charge to everyone, but I can't do it completly free, as its cost me a lost in development time Frown).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I have now finished the plugin. Please note, you will need to upgrade to phpBB 2.0.8 before you can run the import, as it is designed for that database structure :)

If you are interested in this plugin, please PM or email me, and I'll get back to you.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk