Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

Import error UBB6

Quote Reply
Import error UBB6
I'm trying to import an existing UBB6.3.1.1 into GT, but am getting errors running the script.

If I point "source" to my ubb directory, I get:

Reading import configuration... error!
Cannot locate UBB configuration file (vars_config.cgi).
Import unsuccessful.

If I point "source" to where the vars_config.cgi resides (cgi-bin), I get:

Couldn't find the version of UBB you are are using.
Import unsuccessful.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me, there isn't much documentation on the import script. This is an unhacked version of UBB, installed as recommended by the vendor (scripts and variables in cgi-bin, forums in a "ubb" directory)

TIA

Bill
Quote Reply
Re: [syswsb] Import error UBB6 In reply to
Can you open up ubb_lib.cgi, and look for a line that says something like:
$version = "6.04d";
and paste what the line says?
(this is just so I know how to fix it for future releases)

If you have a correct version, you can always bypass that check in the code by modifying admin/GForum/Import/UBB.pm, around line 104, you'll see:
Code:
$self->debug("UBB version: $self->{ubb_ver}", 1);
If you add a line before that, so that you have:
Code:
$self->{ubb_ver} = "6.3.1.1";
$self->debug("UBB version: $self->{ubb_ver}", 1);

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Import error UBB6 In reply to
They've apparently changed the way they encode the version. I'm hesitant to paste the whole thing since its copyrighted, but here's basically what it appears they're doing:

Code:

%vars_version_information = (

number => "6.3.1.1",........

followed a few lines down by:

Code:

$version = $vars_version_information{number}.....

I'll try the line 104 fix in the morning and let you know. Thanks for the info.

Quote Reply
aack! Well, specifying the version in the code got around the original error, but now the import is throwing up importing the user data. I've added several "optional" fields to the user records and it doesn't know what to do with them.

Any suggestions (short of blanking out all those fields in every record)?
Quote Reply
Okay, I found that one, I had a parenthesis in the field description that it didn't like, removed that and got further. (Note: had to adjust maximum size of username field to avoid "invalid username" errors).

Now I'm getting:

Importing Post data...
Fatal Error: (NOTNULL) Column Email cannot be left blank.
Import unsuccessful.

Any hints as to what this means?
Quote Reply
That's strange... someone else was having a similar problem before. Can you try doing this: edit admin/GForum/Import/UBB.pm. Around line 661, you should see:
Code:
$DB->table('User')->insert({ user_username => 'gossamer_forum_import_temp_user', user_password => '', user_enabled => '0', user_status => ANONYMOUS, <more code here>
Could you: user_email => 'import@example.com' to the hash, so do something like:
Code:
$DB->table('User')->insert({ user_username => 'gossamer_forum_import_temp_user', user_password => '', user_email => 'import@example.com', user_enabled => '0', user_status => ANONYMOUS, <more code here>
Then rerun the import and let me know how it goes.

Adrian

Last edited by:

Jagerman: Mar 3, 2003, 11:15 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Import error UBB6 In reply to
Yup! That did it. For future reference, both of the changes to UBB.pm were needed. Also, my comment above about removing the parenthesis was inaccurate. The problem turned out to be, not the contents of the description of the the "custom" field, but rather it's length. You might want to truncate the field rather than throw an error.

I also noticed if I failed to shorten the field before attempting to import, an invalid field would be created in the mysql database that prevented any changes to user records. Even clearing the database when re-importing failed to remove the field, I had to drop and redefine the entire database to get rid of it. I'm not familiar enough with mysql to know if that's a problem with mysql or gt.

On the plus side, the import DID correctly import the two "custom" fields, something vbulletin was unable to do. So I'm up and running, and ready to do some serious playing around. Thank you very much for the assistance.

Bill
Quote Reply
Hello,

I ran into the same problem in a slightly different place. For future reference, note that the same change (adding user_email => 'email@user.com') should also be made for anonymous posts, circa line 819 of UBB.pm

Brian Fujito
http://www.christianity.com