Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

Forum + MailArc, disk usage.

Quote Reply
Forum + MailArc, disk usage.
I am going to invest in the forum script and use the MailArc plugin to import a large amount of messages, but I need some info of how the data is stored to setup the server.

Is all the messages stored in the database and as static files? or are they only stored in the database?

Is it possible to create static search engine friendly files, similar to Links SQL?

Also is it possible to import unix mbox files?

-
Best regards,
Martin Eriksen
Quote Reply
Re: [martian] Forum + MailArc, disk usage. In reply to
Hi,

Afraid I don't know the answer to you're first question, but in regards to;

Quote:
Is it possible to create static search engine friendly files, similar to Links SQL?

Sure thing. http://www.gossamer-threads.com/forum and http://www.ultranerds.com/forum.

I believe the template set "search_engine" is a default. All you need to do, is make sure that in the mod_rewrite.. you pass in t=search_engine, so that it uses the appropriate template set.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [martian] Forum + MailArc, disk usage. In reply to
Hi Martin,

Quote:
Is all the messages stored in the database and as static files? or are they only stored in the database?

It's all in the database (with the exception of attachments which are stored on disk).

Quote:

There isn't any support to convert them to real HTML files, but there is support for URL rewriting to make the URL's look like html pages.

Quote:
Also is it possible to import unix mbox files?

No, nothing out of the box. However if you are comfortable with perl, then it's fairly easy to do using the Mail::Box module.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.