Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

Changing the Dark Green Color

Quote Reply
Changing the Dark Green Color
I had such good response on resolving my last issue that I though I'd ask this
question. I'm trying to do the basic design customization thing. By editing the global variable 'logo' under template I was able to insert our logo in the forum. I
was so excited by that success that I attempted to replace the dark green color with a color
our designer chose. But it woud appear to be more involved than just changing the hex code
for the global variable 'dark green'.
Related to this can you tell me the purpose of the file globals.txt? Is it just to store the orginal
values of the global variables?
Thanks for any help,
Heidi
Quote Reply
Re: [hsugars] Changing the Dark Green Color In reply to
>>
Related to this can you tell me the purpose of the file globals.txt? Is it just to store the orginal
values of the global variables?
<<

globals.txt stores all the template globals and is the file used to generate the globals list in the admin panel. Everytime you add/remove a global it will be added/removed from globals.txt

>>
But it woud appear to be more involved than just changing the hex code
for the global variable 'dark green'.
<<

It shouldn't be. Any of the globals that are already a hex code by default can be changed to another hex code and it should update in the templates automatically. Did this not happen for you?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Changing the Dark Green Color In reply to
I though the dark green variable would change the color of the bar that reads 'Forum Name,
Threads, Posts, Last Post' but, it seems that it changes the small bar at the very top of every page.
I'll just keep playing around till I get the one I'm looking for, but at least I know I'm on the right track - Thanks,
Heidi
Quote Reply
Re: [hsugars] Changing the Dark Green Color In reply to
There are also "top row" and "header row" globals that should be edited if you're changing the colors-- it's helpful to just search for a # sign.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] Changing the Dark Green Color In reply to
Resolved, It's top_row that controls the medium to dark green color (the same that contains the subject box on this posting screen). Thanks again for the suggestions.
Best Regards,
Heidi