Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

who's online... logic

Quote Reply
who's online... logic
Does anyone find it sort of useless to have yourself show up on the who's online screen?

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [ThatPerson1024] who's online... logic In reply to
LOL ... if you get lost at least you'll know where you are!

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] who's online... logic In reply to
I don't get lost too often.... err.. not online anyway. I'll be the first guy to admit that I need my hand held driving long distances. Sly

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
haha ... I live on a pretty big island but still at the furthest reaches I'd be only a 8-9 hour drive from home Laugh

Quote Reply
I don't drive much... just to work and back 3 times a week (yes, I "am" full time -- just long shifts). at most I put 50 miles a week on my car. Very rarely do I ever drive out of town on my own for reason stated.Unsure

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
geee 50miles a week I do 500km a week LOL

Quote Reply
Lol...even on my scooter (moped) I do 80Miles a week (just to collage andback) Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] who's online... logic In reply to
Hmmm, and I just drove to work this morning for the first time this week. That put about... um... 2 km on my car? (Home is 5 blocks away) Wink

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] who's online... logic In reply to
I live less than 1k away from work, and I *still* drive to work. Disgusting really. I should make more of an effort to walk.... but I don't want to leave my beast at home all day. She'll get lonely ;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Don't feel guilty....I drive to my local golf club which is round the corner from my house....I guess I have the excuse of needing to transport my golf clubs Wink

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 10, 2002, 3:36 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] who's online... logic In reply to
Some disturbing statistics...

Work is 3 miles away... that's um... 3 x 2 x 3 = 18 miles. The only significant mileage I get is when driving to Virginia Tech campus to see some friends (10 x 2). I have a 10 year old car with 62k miles on it. My dad has the EXACT same car (including year), but with 162k miles. At this rate (3 trips to work, 1 to campus each week), I'll catch up in 50.61 years, assuming he never drives his car again!

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
_Exactly_ 100,000 miles more? How interesting...

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
roughly ;-)

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
It you really want to disable it, the easiest thing to do would be to add the following line in the template:

Code:
<%if current_user_id and user_id = $current_user_id%><%nextloop%><%endif%>

This would go immediately after

Code:

<% loop online_users%>
in the "whos_online.html" template.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
what's you driving?

Quote Reply
a blue '92 Chevrolet Lumina (Euro), with one small scratch and a ding. Previous owner took very good care of it. Pretty decent car, except Luminas are notorious for needing alternators replaced more often than any other car, as I unfortunately found out 2 weeks ago.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
hehe ... must be in way better shape than my junker ....

have you thought of putting in a performance alternator ... also takes car of heavy usage for your stereo, woofers, and amps!

Quote Reply
I'm not a mechanic, but from what I understand it's a flaw in the engine design that's causing the problem. Coughing up extra money for a high-end part is probably not something I would try unless I was certain it wouldn't have to be replaced.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
oops ... misalignment or something like that I bet ... nope ... better off getting rebuilt alternators from you're local Chief Autoparts or whatever shop you have in town. ... bummer ...