Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

user_payment_expiry-unlimited

Quote Reply
user_payment_expiry-unlimited
I'm hoping someone can help with this. My problem is that new users signing up to my forums are, by default, getting "unlimited" checked in their user info under payment expiry.

I have community installed and my website is not yet public.

I understand that community seems to have disabled the requirement for new users to pay in order to register, but this actually works well for what I want, as I don't want to force members to pay. I'm trying to instead manually create a user-optional premium membership and then manually do "if" checks in my templates to give extra features to paying members. So visitors can freely register and then pay to add time to their expiry date.

It is all working perfectly (to my knowledge- haven't actually tried a test paypal payment to myself yet) except that new users are automatically getting "unlimited" checked in their user info under payment expiry.

I've checked in MySQLMan and changing the default expiring length from "0" to anything else, doesn't fix the situation.

Any help? Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: [Dempsey] user_payment_expiry-unlimited In reply to
Hi,

Mmm, maybe what you wanna do, is have a custom page - where they can request to become a "paid" member?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!