Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

upgrade problem

Quote Reply
upgrade problem
I just downloaded the new forum file and went through the upgrade process. It told me that everything upgraded successfully; however, when I went to my Forum it could not locate any cateogries or other tables. I have checked the mySQL settings and everything appears to be correct.

The exact message that I receive is Sorry, there are no forums available.

Any ideas on how to get the upgrade version to see all the data that was in the old version?

FYI, I upgraded to the same directory as the old one.

Richard

Last edited by:

rtuttle: Dec 20, 2001, 12:06 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rtuttle] upgrade problem In reply to
Hi Richard,

It appears the upgrade is missing adding a column. For now, go to Tools->Category and click on Add Column.

Add a column called 'cat_desc' with Column Type = TEXT, Form Type = TEXTAREA and Form Size = 40,3.

Leave everything else as default, and it should work fine.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] upgrade problem In reply to
Okay, I went to do this and it came back with the following error:

Column 'cat_desc' already exists, please choose another name.
Quote Reply
Re: [rtuttle] upgrade problem In reply to
Hi,

Hmm, can you send me login info (send a message to support-gforum@gossamer-threads.com) and I'll look into this.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] upgrade problem In reply to
Hi Alex,

I have also just upgraded and facing the same problem mentioned above. I can see all the post in the admin area. When I use tools and check the stats, I can see the posting. The main page however says there is no forum.

Thanks

Last edited by:

bgkhoo: Dec 20, 2001, 3:36 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [bgkhoo] upgrade problem In reply to
I think the problem might be in the category_list.html template. Try reverting to the default one (after you backup your local one). I had the same problem, and reverting to the default template solved it.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] upgrade problem In reply to
Thanks. got it and it works fine now.