Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

tables in the message body?

Quote Reply
tables in the message body?
Does GF support tables in the body of a post? I don't see a 'table' button on the advanced editor. When I tried to cut & paste one in, I see it in the workspace intact, but it disappears when you post it.

Is this something that can be added (new markup tag)?

Thanks!

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] tables in the message body? In reply to
AFAIK, it doesn't. The "Advanced Editor" shows them up ok, but I don't think there are any "table" tags, which stops them being shown. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] tables in the message body? In reply to
I changed the POST_STYLE to HTML & Markup and it still didn't work.

Is it just a matter of adding the Markup tags?

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] tables in the message body? In reply to
Quote:
Is it just a matter of adding the Markup tags?

It just generally isn't supported. I don't think its a particually easy thing to put in (nor a wise thing, as it has the potential to screw up your whole page design if something gets uploaded incorrectly in a post). Afraid I don't know the situation on this fully :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] tables in the message body? In reply to
Thanks, Andy for the help....or at least the thoughts.

This is something I would really like to support in a couple of forums. These are restricted to a couple of users and linked to my homepage/blogger project where this functionality is almost required....looks like another possible GT mod!

Thanks again!

DB