Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
searching
since 25 is a pretty small number at times for a search and 250 is regularly suggested ...

How about adding to the profile a setting to change the preset number to your own preference ... ie 250.

also, the in the search view area ... the input box is set for only 2 digits view ... would ya make it 3???

just an idea ...

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] searching In reply to
How often do you need 250 search results on a single page? The search has a paging system, so as far as results go it is essentially unlimited - but you see 25 on a page. But yes, I do plan to make some sort of user option for paging .

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] searching In reply to
A lot...to find relevant threads going back in time...the 25
total hits option is limited. When I've recommended to other
GT users to increase the number of "hits" to 250, they've
been able to find relevant threads more successfully..
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] searching In reply to
It is not 25 total hits - it's 25 hits per page.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
You're right...but some users may miss the spanning result menu at the top, having more hits per page would be helpful...
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] searching In reply to
Hence a profile option as Jason already said, as not everyone wants 250 results per page Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ - not Paul ;-)] searching In reply to
250?! Easy Tigger!...

Last edited by:

wil: Sep 17, 2001, 11:55 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [wil] searching In reply to
Sorry?
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulWilson] searching In reply to
Now that reply was aimed at......... Now the message is not in my screen to quote his handle. Agh. Hang on, let me go back and edit.

Check subject of previous message. Sorry, this has been a very long day!

Wil

Last edited by:

wil: Sep 17, 2001, 11:56 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [wil] searching In reply to
lol I'll let you off :)
Quote Reply
How often .... always. I get sick of clicking next ... next ... next ... looking for a relevant thread. Also, sometimes, you can exhaust the search results a little quicker (errr ... for searches that dont turn up so many links).

If you get 250 results per page, you can check out a thread, back click and go on much easier.

Also, it's not so bad when you are on a slow connection ... you don't have to load so many pages.

try it ... you'll like it !!!

side note: other numbers like 300, 500 are troublesome, you gotta wipe out 25 and and type 3 numbers instead of just one 0 (zero) .... Smile also in other words, I'm lazy ...

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile