Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

query posts for deletion

Quote Reply
query posts for deletion
Hello,

I have a forum that adds posts from received emails (via MailArc). Sometime ago (Blush) it got on a spam list and now there's a a bunch of spam post in this forum. I would like to delete a bunch of posts but keep others. Without going through post by post and KEEP each good one, then delete all old posts; I was hoping for another solution.

There are specific keywords that would protect the keepers. If I use a SQL statement to kill * where keywords in subject are not found, would it hose up any other part of GForum? In other words, are posts tracked in other tables that I need to fix. I don't care about user post counts (I have forced all MailArc posts to post under a generic user unless the email address of an existing user is found).

Any danger here?

Thanks!

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] query posts for deletion In reply to
Hi

Same problem here

I would like to "mass delete" spamming threads : the best way is probably to apply some filters on the title of the post, in its content ans in the signature of the poster...

I need a query... a pluging would be great too...

Any Ideas
Txs
FMP
Quote Reply
Re: [fmp] query posts for deletion In reply to
Yeah, I've got similar problems.

Some type of Filtering system would be great.

In the mean time I'd change the email address for Mailarc and let users know of the change, you may have to do this every couple of months or so.

I just set up a one click delete button so I didn't have to go through the Delete - Confirm Delete etc to remove the posts.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] query posts for deletion In reply to
Hi

I've done a "plugin-request" in the concerning forum
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=279270

regards
FMP