Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

post reply location

Quote Reply
post reply location
here's one, if you go through a thread in flat-view and end up at a long post at the bottom the reply link sometimes goes off screen (I'm using a 17' monitor -- err 2 that is).

So in order to reply you gotta scroll back up.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put the reply button at the end of the message instead of it's nice location at the top. Yes, it looks nice there but doesn't help with userability.

just another idea.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] post reply location In reply to
agreed... btw, it's not the size of the monitor that counts, it's the resolution. My dad has the same size monitor as mine (16 inch) but he has his resolution set to 640 by 480, while mine is set to 1280 by 1024, so I see 4.25 times as much per screen than he does.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFreak] post reply location In reply to
i use 1024x768 any larger I go ... everything gets really small.

ummm ... let's stay away for size topics eh! Crazy

Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] post reply location In reply to
hehe... well 1280 by 1024 is microscopic for some people, but I have pretty good vision with my contacts (better than 20/20) and it doesn't bother me. Plus I when I'm writing code I prefer to be able to see a lot at one time and to run two editors at once side-by-side. When I have to where my glasses though, I usually drop down to 1024 by 768. Ugh... and without my glasses or contacts, I can't read squat, even at 640 by 480 Smile

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFreak] post reply location In reply to
me too ... without my contacts/glasses driving is pretty darn scary Crazy had to do it once while waiting for a new set of contacts ... forgot to bring my contacts. to read a book I have to pratically wear it Smile

I have 2 monitors and the older one doesn't really like going that far. oh well.