Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

post_latest_reply

Quote Reply
post_latest_reply
jagerman,

I am looking at the database structure of gforum (because I want to import my existing flat-html-file forum into gforum -> will have to manually enter a lot of things, I fear, but there are only about 200 posts).

I came across the field post_latest_reply in the "gforum_Post" table, and I don't understand what it is supposed to store. For some test post, I tried (manually) to change it to the same value as "post_time" of the latest reply post, but somehow that went wrong, because in the "Forum Display" page, I get a time for the latest reply which is somewhere in 2002 or 2003... I have no clue...

Can you explain to me what is going on? Thanks a lot in advance!

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] post_latest_reply In reply to
Hi,

This is due to a bug in mysql and indexes. post_latest_reply is used to get the top 25 posts in a forum. Unfortunately mysql can not use the index properly when you asked for the top 25 sorted in desc order, only when in ascending order. So we had to flip the post_latest_reply value around. I think it works out to to 2000000000 - time.

It does speed up the forum (query normally takes .1 second now takes 0.001 seconds).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] post_latest_reply In reply to
Dear Alex,

thanks a lot for your answer. So the manual importing can begin (using a calculator with enough digits....)

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins