Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

moving threads

Quote Reply
moving threads
When moving a thread to another forum, a moderator shouldn't be limited to his/her forums. What if the thread isn't appropriate for any of the moderators's forums, but is for another?

I just had the need to move a question about Links SQL out of Links 2.0 and found that I couldn't.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [ThatPerson1024] moving threads In reply to
>>When moving a thread to another forum, a moderator shouldn't be limited to his/her forums.<<

Funny you should mention that, I was thinking about posting the same thing yesterday I think it was.

I agree you should be able to move to any other forum you have write permissions in.

Btw that sig is a tad long.
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] moving threads In reply to
yeah, I know it's long, but I wanted it be legible and functional... otherwise it'd only be 10 lines long. I'll try and cut it down a bit.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator

Last edited by:

ThatPerson1024: Dec 6, 2001, 1:06 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] moving threads In reply to
Is this better?
Code:
life:{my@want=qw(love);push@pain,bad_event();(grep/$want[0]/,@pain)
?die"found love":express(@pain,$want[0]),redo life}sub bad_event{my
@feelings=qw(hated battered guilty angry bad loved depressed sad);(
(grep/$f/,@pain)?bad_event():return$f)if($f=$feelings[rand@feelings
])}sub express{print join(", ",@_[0..($#_-1)]).". need $_[$#_].\n"}
It's just not legible. I'm gonna stick with a 10-line version without the comments.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [ThatPerson1024] moving threads In reply to
That's the reason why we need to implement max line restrictions Tongue
When I saw that in your first post, I thought it was part of the post (not a sig).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] moving threads In reply to
it's just not the same. Perl poetry is meant to be legible, not compressed, obfuscated, and enigmatic. But if you guys still think 10 line is too long than I'll use the 5 line illegible one.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator