Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

lost your password - request by e-mail

Quote Reply
lost your password - request by e-mail
It seems like more and more people are resorting to creating new accounts instead of trying to recover passwords or issue temp passwords.

From the LOST MY PASSWORD screen, how do we add a field for ENTER YOUR E-MAIL and return to them their user name and temp password?

I have already implimented the USER_EMAIL_EXISTS mod that does not allow people to sign up with the same e-mail, but that is of little use if they do not remember their user name. Here is the text of my error message:

This e-mail address ('%s') already exists for another account. Rather than creating a new account, please request a temporary password under your old account. To do this, click on "lost my password" and enter your old user name. If you entered this e-mail account by error, please enter the correct address and try again.

However, after every upgrade, this mod must be re-done because the user.pm file is overwritten in the upgrade.... and a user created a duplicate account before I thought about redoing it.

A look-up by email would be nice in this instance, because they know the email on the account, and may have just forgotten the username.
Quote Reply
Re: [shiner] lost your password - request by e-mail In reply to
E-mail check is a basic feature of most developed forums and one that will hopefully be implimented soon here.

Guess I'll have to add the mod manually as well. Got a quick link to that thread?
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] lost your password - request by e-mail In reply to
Sure, here it is - you started the thread over in mods Wink

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=194769

yogi posted the solution - works great!
Quote Reply
Re: [shiner] lost your password - request by e-mail In reply to
Ha! My mind is such a terrible thing to waste. Thanks for the link and the reminder.

All those brain cells, gone before their time....<sigh>. Blush