Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

links on this forum

Quote Reply
links on this forum
Any chance of changing the stylesheets so that links are underlined as default instead of just when hovering over them. Please please please; this would make the forums so more useable. You hardly notice if there's a link there at present.

Either that, or adopt a /. style of displaying where the link is linking to after each <a href.

Cheers

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] links on this forum In reply to
First 8 posts here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...20you%20mean;#177907

Was never done :(

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 27, 2002, 12:44 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] links on this forum In reply to
Ah. I remember that thread.

Maybe GT can leave their links for the global site, and all the links on the top including the breadcrumb, but just create a new CSS class for links within messages. I blame the background colour <g>. Always protested for white :-\.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] links on this forum In reply to
I was also hoping that the defualt URL input method would be more like the way vB does it.
1.) name of link
2.) url to the link

I find it a bit of a pain to hand edit the URL tag Laugh

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] links on this forum In reply to
Well that doesn't really make sense because the way you suggested means you have to type in the URL and some other text as well which is more of an effort Tongue

Did you think the javascript method guessed your URL automatically? Laugh

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 28, 2002, 2:10 AM
Quote Reply
Have you seen the slashdot option of printing the domain of the link after each link? That can be quite handy, IMO. Example:

This is a story on yahoo [yahoo.com] which is very good.

- wil
Quote Reply
Laugh I did say the way vB does it Laugh

the current system here takes more time than the javascript popup that vB uses.

-----------

hmmm slashdot style seems nice .... how about that way as an extra style?

Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] links on this forum In reply to
>>
the current system here takes more time than the javascript popup that vB uses.
<<

That still doesn't make sense. It can't take less time as you have to enter more information, ie the URL and Link Text

Smile
Quote Reply
Crazy ughhhhhh

1 more time.
I'm hoping for a slight change / referring to this type of link. click here

which requires you to click the url button ... type a double quote, paste or type the http address, type a double quote, type the wording "click here or whatever" then click the url button to close.

essentially vB is not better it just uses a popup which allows you to skip typing the double quotes, of course, you still have to type/paste the url and the wording you want to show for the link.

I have a bad memory so remembering where I paste/type in the link and where the double quotes go with the current tag was a bit troublesome to remember.