Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

keyword bug v1.1.1

Quote Reply
keyword bug v1.1.1
If you've got a keyword set up as a hyperlink (eg whenever "cards" is detected in a post a link is made), it causes problems when that keyword also appears in a genuine link. For example, I have "cards" in the URL of an image I'd like to use with this tag, but can't because the software also tries to hyperlink that keyword.

Jason
Post deleted by Wil In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] keyword bug v1.1.1 In reply to
Interesting. Just testing this out on this forum. I don't know if the fact that the keyword Gossamer Threads has a space inbetween them will make a difference.

Here's the URL I was trying to link to:

http://clients.fbagroup.co.uk/gt/Gossamer Threads/valid-html40.png

Update: Aha yes, it does cause a problem. The software was trying to link up the Gossamer Threads in the URL with a link which obviously is causing an error.

More fun and trivial things to fix :-)

Update 2: .. and another "problem" with this is that the text gossamer_threads gets replaced by Gossamer Threads so that the URL I posted is broken because the software capitizes the first letter of the words Gossamer and Threads instead of preserving the initial foramt.

Update 3: This also causes a problem with

http://clients.fbagroup.co.uk/...ads/valid-html40.png

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: May 20, 2002, 2:52 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] keyword bug v1.1.1 In reply to
I noticed I can't edit the [url] tags (and some others) from admin. I wanted to be able to add my own tags that lets you enter the users information in *two* places. Eg, with the url tag you can have [url USERSINFO] USERSINFO [/url]

When you add your own tag you only have access to putting user information in *one* place.

They're hardcoded from admin, but is it possible to edit the source code of tags to get user info in two places? If so how?

Jason
Quote Reply
I've fixed this bug now - your post seems to be showing up correctly. Instead of being parsed one after the other, the markup and text replacements are parsed at the same time.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] keyword bug v1.1.1 In reply to
Excellent. Good work, Jason.

- wil
Quote Reply
Will the fix also fix problems with email addresses with keyword matches?
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] keyword bug v1.1.1 In reply to
Do you mean when you have an e-mail like this:

Gossamer Threads@jagerman.com

Yes, that will not longer match the text replacement.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com