Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

is UBB Forum conversion script ready ?

Quote Reply
is UBB Forum conversion script ready ?
Is UBB Conversion script ready ?
Quote Reply
Re: [bgkhoo] is UBB Forum conversion script ready ? In reply to
I'm working on it. Hopefully, I'll be done on Friday (or next Monday), but we'll need to do some testing on it (since we don't have a moderately sized UBB install to test on). Any volunteers? Smile

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] is UBB Forum conversion script ready ? In reply to
Thanks for the reply.

Just let me know when the script is ready so that I can purchase the scripts to replace the UBB Smile
Quote Reply
Unsure Umm, I have a UBB 5 board with very moderate membership of 500. I could be purswaded, if there was maybe , say, an incentive that once you work the any of the tweeks needed to be done, you leave me a workable GT board with all my members in tack.
It is a very scary notion to consider, But I do have faith in those that are staffed here, and it would be nice to have GT board instead.

Any thoughts on the option or suggestions?
Ray
______________Siggy________________
wow 12 years later, and other than I can hear crickets and owls in the background, it looks all the same. even post are still here, not relevant anymore but like tumble weeds to give ya something of a resemblance of life.
Quote Reply
Re: [2Dum2no] is UBB Forum conversion script ready ? In reply to
UBB6 comes with a UBB5 -> UBB6 conversion script. I had a quick look at it a few weeks ago and it didn't look too complex (they mainly added some fields, IIRC). The quick solution would be to make a copy of your UBB5 install, upgrade it to UBB6, and import Smile

Adrian
Quote Reply
Yes, I have 6 and was ready to update today. But as all best layed plans go, I checked my mail, popped over to GT to discover more about the GT forum program.

So my question to myself was... do I want to wrestle with 6 or sit back and let someone change the forum over to GT ;) both would be a conversions.

If you choose to use my board to wrestle with, then my descition would be easier. ;)

A win - win situation.

If not I will start the conversion to 6 tomarrow morn.
And start collecting my dimes for the next conversion which will probable be to GT.

Thanks for the reply, and the offer is still open.

Ray
wow 12 years later, and other than I can hear crickets and owls in the background, it looks all the same. even post are still here, not relevant anymore but like tumble weeds to give ya something of a resemblance of life.
Quote Reply
Re: [2Dum2no] is UBB Forum conversion script ready ? In reply to
The thing is that our current UBB import is for version 6, and there currently isn't any import for version 5.

Adrian
Quote Reply
You might want to do a 5 conversion, not so much for me but for most people that have not updated their membership, maybe for the reasons that I, myself have taken my time.

You or I can do the conversion to 6, at which time you can do your tweeking to GT.

Like I mentioned earier , its not a big board, just around 500 members, but it is mine

Its is up to you.
converting it to 6 is the easy part...

Ray