Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

in reply to

Quote Reply
in reply to
the wordng "in reply to" ... sounds like it should go in front of the thread ...

like:

[in reply to] ... Re. [user] blahblah

instead of the current way...

OR how about a different word altogether.

rejoinder -- an answer to a reply or objections (problem ... is that this link shows up after the 1st post)

rollback -- although different than a rollback (to reduce (prces/wages) to a previous lower level) it still has that kind of feeling to it ... to rollback to previous post.

riposte -- another word for answer

retrace -- to trace backward

ummm ... just some ideas to use instead.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] in reply to In reply to
It should be [in reply to: #57585]. I do believe the message number should be there. It makes more sense that way!

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] in reply to In reply to
but in flatview you really don't see numbers so that would make the reference even more difficult to understand. also, it wouldn't be so aeshetically appealling.

How's the template coming? Or did you decied not to do one?

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
I'm waiting for the first stable version to come out before starting. I'm then going to purchase a license and go from there.

- wil
Quote Reply
I know you don't see post numbers in flat view (which is the view I use). I think that's a great shame to be honest. It's nice to know post numbers to be able to reference, IMO.

I think it would just make the [in reply to] make more sense. I look it at the moment, and it looks like an unfinished sentence. In reply to... what? If you get what I mean.

Cheers

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] in reply to In reply to
I'll agree with you on a technical point of view for users like you and me. However, generally the post_id's aren't meant for users and are just meant to organize the database better. More often than not, the post id would confuse users. Of course, on a custom template set it would be as easy as sticking "<%post_id%>" into the template somewhere.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] in reply to In reply to
Yep. A lot of my suggestions now are based on design issues, and I realise that GT have made a great job of ensuring that everything is customizable - which is great.

All of my suggestions at the moment can easily be implamented by editing a few temapltes (which I will do). I just want to implament my template (or the one I have in mind) on this forum :-)

Cheers

Wil

- wil