Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

how the do i recompile gforum?

Quote Reply
how the do i recompile gforum?
hello,

i've changed the directory gforum resides in and i'm getting the error:

Quote:
AH01215: Can't locate GForum.pm in @INC (you may need to install the GForum module) (@INC contains: /var/www/forum.fgfugees.ca/htdocs/cgi-bin/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.20 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.20 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.20/mach .) at /var/www/fgfrefugees.ca/htdocs/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi line 16.: /var/www/fgfrefugees.ca/htdocs/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi

i need to change the first path, how do i accomplish this?

thanks

Last edited by:

Andy: Sep 28, 2017, 5:22 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [meat bone] how the fuck do i recompile gforum? In reply to
nvm that bitch of a path was hardcoded in gforum good jobgforum developers
Quote Reply
Thats how most scripts work! (not just GT ones). You can't just rename a folder and expect everything to work Whistle

You probably also need to look into the GForum/Config/Data.pm file (pretty sure thats where it is)

Alternatively, just do a grep on the folder in SSH to look for the old path name:

Code:
grep -rl '/old/path/ .

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] how the fuck do i recompile gforum? In reply to
thanks bud,

so i have another problem, i can't access the forum module in the admin section

httpd-error.log:

Code:
[Mon Oct 09 01:02:56.389623 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 54266] [client 25.65.14.183:37323] AH01215: (8)Exec format error: exec of '/var/www/fgfrefugees.ca/htdocs/cgi-bin/admin/db.cgi' failed: /var/www/fgfrefugees.ca/htdocs/cgi-bin/admin/db.cgi, referer: https://fgfrefugees.ca/admin/admin.cgi?do=page;page=forums_nav.html
[Mon Oct 09 01:02:56.389723 2017] [cgi:error] [pid 54266] [client 25.65.14.183:37323] End of script output before headers: db.cgi, referer: https://fgfrefugees.ca/admin/admin.cgi?do=page;page=forums_nav.html

Quote:
/var/www/fgfrefugees.ca/htdocs/cgi-bin/admin/db.cgi

is the correct path for that file
Quote Reply
Hi,

Did you run a grep to make sure the path is correct everywhere? That is db.cgi, so its possible that has it hard-coded as well? It's hard to tell just from that error though.

Did you just rename the folder, or move it to another server? (just thinking in case the path to Perl has changed, or something like that)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!