Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

gforum_Ancestor.def Error on Install

Quote Reply
gforum_Ancestor.def Error on Install
I'm upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.8 and am getting the following error:

GT::SQL (7708): File '/c49/onli02/gforum/admin/defs/gforum_Ancestor.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /c49/onli02/gforum/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 62.

Where would I get the gforum_Ancestor.def file? It's not there.
Quote Reply
Re: [OnlineMlm] gforum_Ancestor.def Error on Install In reply to
That file doesn't exist in my installation (1.1.8)....

http://www.webconferencia.net/
Quote Reply
Re: [webconferencia] gforum_Ancestor.def Error on Install In reply to
Not on mine either. I installed a new copy in another directory hoping to get that file, but it doesn't exist. All my forums are messed up now and I'm stuck.
Quote Reply
Just a suggestion, for try a "random" intent... What abot create that file, renaming any txt file to gforum_Ancestor.def, and placing it in the admin/defs folder? If version 1.1.1 and 1.1.8 can run without this file, i guess nothing bad can happen. Please read where i write GUESS. Attemp this only in emergency case, and backup your installation before try.

If you are not in a serious truble, please wait for another suggestion from a experienced User that can help you better...

http://www.webconferencia.net/
Quote Reply
Re: [webconferencia] gforum_Ancestor.def Error on Install In reply to
  Thank you. I gave that idea a try. It told me the gforum_Ancestor.def file was corrupt. I have no clue where that file was supposed to be or even if I had one before or not.

It seems to me that installing over an older version should have worked without problems. My forums are ruined. All I can do now is install a new copy and somehow get all the users and posts into the new one. A major amout of work for just an upgrade.
Quote Reply
Gossamer has no answer to this one?
Quote Reply
In the install.cgi file, look for this line:

Code:

$ret = $db->editor('Ancestor')->drop_table;
If you comment it out, the upgrade should go ahead without any problems.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com