Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

forum_view.html

Quote Reply
forum_view.html
Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but in forum_view.html, you start the first form outside of the primary body_table.

Code:
<%body_tag%>
<%include include_header.html%>
<form method="get" action="gforum.cgi">
<%hidden_form%>
<%body_table%>

On my modification, I tucked it inside body_table to clean up excess page space.

Last edited by:

heavybombers: Nov 19, 2001, 1:13 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [heavybombers] forum_view.html In reply to
Doesn't putting it inside the table _add_ space?
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] forum_view.html In reply to
Hmmm, I did get locked into my modification a bit too strong while I was writing that. Let me step back a bit.

I'm tinkering around and seeing how well Gforum will fit into my site's overall template. To that end I'm forcing the forum to a fixed width, adding a dark page background color, coloring the main body table to match the rest of my site, and trimming out the extra <BR> tags, see attachment (it's not the prettiest design but it's what I'm working with).

The only template where I ran into a conflict was forum_view.html. The <form> tag on this template was outside the main table body unlike the rest that I have run across.

In my template the <form> tag outside the main table body created a background colored gap between the top menu and the main table and a reciprocal gap between the close of the main table and the second table containing the jump-to form.

No biggie and probably not an issue to anyone else.

Last edited by:

heavybombers: Nov 19, 2001, 2:40 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [heavybombers] forum_view.html In reply to
Nothing wrong with that design...looks cool

I just mentioned it because I've always found that tables get bigger when you add form tags into them.
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] forum_view.html In reply to
Actually, a lot of our tables look like this:

<table>
<form>
<tr>
<td>
</td>
</tr>
</form>
</table>

Alternatively, the <form> tags go between the <tr>'s and <td>'s in some places.

I'll take a look at forum_view.html and fix that up for the next version.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com