Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

files uploaded

Quote Reply
files uploaded
Got a problem.

I am unable to make the file upload work properly! What I am trying to do is this:

From user profiles I want it to be possible to have uploaded files or pictures accessible to other members or visitors. So that when a profile is viewed the visitor can click on a link to view the uploaded files!

I have done this succsessfully with LinksSQL but how can I do this for the forum? File upload is possible and I have created that fine but how do I create a link to a profile specific uploaded file?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [demon] files uploaded In reply to
Hi,

This would require some custom work. You'd need to add a new action (Setup->Actions) for handling uploading the image, and an action for displaying the image. Then you'd need to write the code that actually stores the image in a specific area.

Hope this helps,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] files uploaded In reply to
Well the file upload works fine as far as I can see. But the problem is to have the url to the file presented. I.E. I need to know how to link to a file by profile or user login.
Quote Reply
How are you uploading the file, and where is it being stored?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] files uploaded In reply to
Well I just added a column type; "file" to the table: "user". And I think its saved in a folder I specified (not cgi-bin).

That part seems to work... I think... But how do I link to those files???
Quote Reply
You'd need to have it save in a web-accessible directory - then you can experiment with the filename settings in order to find a setting that works for directly linking.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com