Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

error with group add

Quote Reply
error with group add
I tried to add a group and got this error

Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO gforum_Grouping (group_name,group_users,group_id) VALUES (?,?,NULL)' Reason: Unknown column 'group_users' in 'field list'

I gather this happened in version 1.18 or thereabouts. I'd copy the forum entry here, but I don't know how.
Quote Reply
Re: [regert] error with group add In reply to
Hi regert,

Try downloading the fix in this post:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=213396#213396

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
I just added 'group_users' as a field to gform_Grouping as type 'text'. (My silly browser displayed instead of downloaded the suggested file). Seems to work fine.

Can someone tell me if I've assigned the correct field type?

Thanks
Quote Reply
You really should download that file (Try right click -> Save Target As...). It fixes a bug that makes it impossible to modify users in a group from the Group record (though you can still add the group via each individual user record).

The group_users is essentially a virtual column, but the bug makes it so that Gossamer Forum never gets the virtual field, and the underlying libraries don't know what to do with the virtual field, hence causing the error. Adding a group_users field would, technically, make the error message go away, but won't fix the problem.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] error with group add In reply to
Hi Jason:

I've attempted to add a new group and ran into the same problem. I did download the fix attached to this thread but I still get the error:-

Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO gforum_Grouping (group_name,group_users,group_id) VALUES (?,?,NULL)' Reason: Unknown column 'group_users' in 'field list'

Any ideas what the problem could be here?

Thanks,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory