Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

email header error - not responding

Quote Reply
email header error - not responding
I'm getting the following error when attempting to send mail out to my forums members.....

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script did not produce correct headers. It must at least print out a Content-Type header, like so:
Content-Type: text/html

The header the script produced was:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

What or where do I look to fix this so my mail system will start working again?

Appearently this is why no new members have been gettting sign-up emails returned to them as the mail system is not sending out an messages due to this error.

HELP!!!!

My isp did recently move my site between servers. But this is Forums template problem I resume???

Quote Reply
Re: [ptegler] email header error - not responding In reply to
Turn on debugging and check your error logs when the error occurs. Paste me the error from logs and from the page it may show.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] email header error - not responding In reply to
These are two error examples (copied from my websites ISP utilitiy pages that let you view CGI errors on the site.....) -----

GT::Mail::Send (19778): SMTP: Transmission of message failed: 421 Unexpected failure, please try later
at /home/users/web/b1994/pow.ptegler/htdocs/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Mail.pm line 298.

GT::Mail::Send (16486): SMTP: Transmission of message failed: 421 Unexpected failure, please try later
Can't call method "insert_id" on an undefined value at /home/users/web/b1994/pow.ptegler/htdocs/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/GForum/SignupNotify.pm line 40.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-

This is the gforum window response (with degbug turned on) when I try to send out a message from the Forum admin email control-------

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.The script did not produce correct headers. It must at least print out a Content-Type header, like so:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Another cgi log read after another send mail from the gforum admin panel...the gforum window just returns the statement above about the header-------

GT::SQL::Driver::MYSQL::sth (4171): Query execution took: 0.000234s from main::main at /home/users/web/b1994/pow.ptegler/htdocs/cgi-bin/admin/nph-email.cgi line 90
from main::main at /home/users/web/b1994/pow.ptegler/htdocs/cgi-bin/admin/nph-email.cgi line 90

WHERE gforum_EmailRecipient.user_id_fk = gforum_User.user_id AND (gforum_EmailRecipient.recipient_sent = '0' AND gforum_EmailRecipient.mailing_id_fk = '23')
FROM gforum_EmailRecipient, gforum_User
SELECT gforum_EmailRecipient.user_id_fk, gforum_User.user_email

Quote Reply
Try using sendmail instead of smtp.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] email header error - not responding In reply to
ok...just searched my ISP's knowledge base and config stuff....
changed the mail server to the sendmail using the path they supplied.
No luck...still get the same

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script did not produce correct headers. It must at least print out a Content-Type header, like so:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

error message returned in the Gforum window.
So I reset it back to two variations of the smtp and pop setups.... still get he same message as cut and pasted above.
Quote Reply
sorry...hit post reply before I asked again....

Since it's saying the script did not properly generate a header.... what script actaully sets up and send the email?
There must be a scrambled script somewher in my forum directories. right?