Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

disallow replies to single post

Quote Reply
disallow replies to single post
Is there any way to disallow replies to a particular post without changing the post/reply permissions for the entire forum? Thanks.

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] disallow replies to single post In reply to
Hi,

Nothing built in, no. You could remove the reply button for a single post easy enough, but that wouldn't stop someone from sending a manual request to gforum.cgi with the proper arguments.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] disallow replies to single post In reply to
Thanks. Actually, that would work fine for my purposes, since nothing approaching bullet-proof security is required.

I'm not sure what method you had in mind for accomplishing this. The only thing I can think of is a template modification along the lines of:

<%if post_id != xxx%>reply link<%endif%>

But that seems kind of awkward to me... Is there a better method that you were thinking of?

Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] disallow replies to single post In reply to
Hi,

That's what I was thinking of. =) If you wanted something more complex (i.e. there are more then one posts you want this for), you could add a field to the database, and update the posts using SQL.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] disallow replies to single post In reply to
Not a bad idea - thanks!