Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

copying code to and from this forum

Quote Reply
copying code to and from this forum
Hello... I was just wondering how I can keep perl code that I copy to and from the forum from getting corrupted due to pasting problems.

I guess it happens when I copy or paste code between the code lines. Sometimes I can paste it in wordpad, but my tabs will get ignored. In that same case when I post it in notepad all of my code is on one line.

This does not happen all the time, but it happens frequently enough to mention.

Does anyone else have this problem. Also doesn't anyone use perl (or even php) editors when working with GT programs.

Thanks,

- Jonathan
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] copying code to and from this forum In reply to
Quote:
Does anyone else have this problem. Also doesn't anyone use perl (or even php) editors when working with GT programs.

Yeah, happens all the time to me :/

Its down to the <pre> .. </pre> tags ... as they basically show the code inside them "as-is".

The only real way I've found to do it, is by copying into Outlook (HTML email), and then whilst there, change it to "Palin Text". This then removes the formatting, but seems to hold the structure of the code ok :) Dirty, but it works.

Now... to go and enjoy the sun =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] copying code to and from this forum In reply to
Interesting, do you use any editors or just notepad?

- Jonathan
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] copying code to and from this forum In reply to
Wordpad, Notepad, Texpad, etc. Don't use compiler programs or anything now.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!