Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
_new
It appears that when clicking on links that are in someone profile (e.g mine at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?username=AndyNewby;), when you click on th URL to their homepage, you are taken away from GT, rather than it opening up in a new window. Is this a bug, as links in the main forum open up to a new window Crazy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] _new In reply to
No. It's a welcomed feature. I hate when sites try to control what browser window I use to view certain sites or parts of their sites.

We all have an option on our browsers to open in new window, and that's the way it should be IMO.

But the again, from the Webmasters point of view... you're trying to keep them onsite...

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] _new In reply to
Quote:
No. It's a welcomed feature.

Au contraire.

Not only from a webmasters point of view but from a surfers too....I don't want to be clicking on links and then having to hammer my back button to get back to where I was or open a new window to get back to GT again.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 30, 2001, 6:20 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] _new In reply to
Andy....double check your spelling of entrance on your refresh page.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] _new In reply to
But I want to be in control of my browsing experience. If I wanted to view the site in a new window, I would choose to do so. If not, I would choose not to.

There's a quote from TBL on this one somewhere. Hang on..

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] _new In reply to
Either way it needs to be consistent.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] _new In reply to
Agreed.

- wil