Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Whos online and SSI

Quote Reply
Whos online and SSI
I use three SSI calls to gforum.cgi (custom actions) to pull some content of the forum on my homepage. For some strange reason, when a guest user (i.e. not logged in) then proceeds from the homepage to the forum, they will have three entries in the who's online page.

Has anyone got the same problem? Does anybody know a solution? Thanks a lot.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Whos online and SSI In reply to
Hi Ivan,

I use the script executer.cgi to emulate SSI in my forum. It's working correctly with "Who's online". It's a simple (maybe the most) way I found to include SSI calls in a cgi script.

To Jason: I found a little bug in "Who's online" page. When a guest or a member clicks on "Who's online" is status is not showed as "Who's online", it shows instead the last page the guest or the member visited before he clicked on "Who's online". It's only when the guest or the member clicks a second time on "Who's online" that his status (location) becomes showed as "Who's online".

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Apr 27, 2002, 9:03 PM
Quote Reply
Some more details on this:

I now use one SSI call on my homepage, which includes the latest posts of the forum.

When I visit the homepage, then log in and go to whos_online, I see that my IP is on the login page as a guest (which is what I would expect), but also on a random page (e.g. the search page) as a guest. I presume this has got something to do with the SSI call.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Do I have to set up my ssi calls differenly? At the moment I have a custom action, which I call by an SSI include virtual gforum.cgi?do=custom_action

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Hi Ivan,

Try setting up the action to be "Hidden" - if an action is hidden, accessing it won't show up on the Who's Online page.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Whos online and SSI In reply to
These SSI include actions are all marked as hidden. The action actually showing up in the who's online is not the one that is called, it's (as far as I can see) a random action....

Ivan
-----