Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

What about other languages

Quote Reply
What about other languages
Hi, I've just read your email anouncement about the new forum you are to release.

I'm very interested in it, it looks beautiful.

So did you already have partners to translate it into German, or do you already have a German version?
Quote Reply
Re: [cgicgi] What about other languages In reply to
I think they are more interested in getting it into a fully operation script first, before even thinking about a translated version Cool

Andy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Smile when it comes out I'll bet the German LinksSQL developer will have it ... not too much later. He's a really nice guy.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [youradds] What about other languages In reply to
Why not doing both at the same time?
I'm sure you will find some bugs when translating it.
Quote Reply
Quote:
Why not doing both at the same time?

In terms in trying to keep multiple versions up to date when debugging and adding features, it would REALLY be easier to have one version, then translate afterwords.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [junko] What about other languages In reply to
Yeah, I don't think it's too fun to keep two sets of templates/language/etc in sync...

You can see this by how everyone refuses to upgrade Links/GMail/etc just because they've customized their templates and don't want to resync them Wink.

Translating the forum to other languages, I don't think should take too long though (but I've never done it before so...) as all the user side stuff is just in the templates and the language file; so theres no need for searching through code for english to replace.

Adrian