Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Weird
I just went to the main page and saw Vanderen had made a new post in chit-chat - see image 1

So I entered the forum and what do I see - image2
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Weird In reply to
OMG! That is the same as I just found! It says QooQ last posted in the Chit Chat forum, but it was actually Michael_Bray Tongue

VERY WEIRD! Unsure

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Weird In reply to
This has alwyas happened to me.

If there are 2 new posts in a forum, you click the icon it takes you to 1 of the new posts. You click back into the forum, it shows you 1 new message - but when clicked it takes you to the new messages you've just read and not the other (now older) one.

- wil
Quote Reply

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [japh] Weird In reply to
>>If there are 2 new posts in a forum, you click the icon it takes you to 1 of the new posts. You click back into the forum, it shows you 1 new message - but when clicked it takes you to the new messages you've just read and not the other (now older) one.<<

Thats not what I experienced.
Quote Reply
Right now in the chit chat forum, Paul and Qooq's dedicated server thread shows Tho:mas as having the last thread. I have reloaded and refreshed several times. If you look at the contents of the thread, there are 4 posts after Tho:mas's.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Jason?

It just happened again.

Markwilson was showing as making a new post on the main page but when I went into the perl forum none of the icons were yellow so I went into the top thread anyway and wil's post was showing as new.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 21, 2002, 4:20 AM
Quote Reply
Bah the yellow icons don't seem to be working at all. Wil just posted and the icon was white.

Edit: Hmm after going back, he hadn't even posted, it was an old post. Yet it showed as new on the main page.

Very strange stuff going on.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 21, 2002, 7:57 AM
Quote Reply
....next report lol...

The dedicated server thread didnt come to the top when I replied to it, nor when Wil did, nor did it show NEW on the main page when wil had replied.
Quote Reply
Hm. Log out, delete your cookies. It's all working as expected to me.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Weird In reply to
Just did. The dedicated server thread is still miles down the list showing Thomas as the last poster.

Logged out, deleted all cookies and killed all browsers.

You show as the last poster on the main page at 3.55pm then I go in to the forum and see:

Language Switcho-Chango --- Switching Languages on PC DogTags 10 1 Jan 21, 2002, 12:39 PM (Wil)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 21, 2002, 8:07 AM
Quote Reply
Yup, same here. Dunno whats going on here! Never gone this bad before Frown I got RedRum as the last poster (with the dedicated server post), but when going into the forum it shows a thread by DogTags about Unimpressed Think GT may wanna explore this a bit more...lol

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Oh yeah! The times are all screwed up, and I get what you mean with the Server thread being way down.

A corrupt database, maybe?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Weird In reply to
Any news on this? Its still not right.
Quote Reply

Quote Reply
Ok I don't want to go on about this but it is still a problem. Latest occurance was about 10 minutes ago in the dbman forum where the icons were incorrect (ie showing white even with new posts).

I'm not sure why no-one has responded.