Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

User log-in freak outs

Quote Reply
User log-in freak outs
I've now had a 2nd report of the following error - preventing the user from logging in:

And I would note here that old error in the advanced editor where information cannot be added after a code insert is still with us.

I'm editing this post and placing my previous comments above the quote line...."I'm worried that there are other instances of this error occuring but users are not reporting it. Deleting the user and asking them to resubscribe is too drastic, and is not really a solution".
Code:
GT::Session::SQL (392): Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO gforum_Session
(session_user_id,session_date,session_id,session_data) VALUES (?,?,?,?)' Reason:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation (SQL-22001)(DBD:
st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1) at d:/66.34.125.120/forums/admin/GForum/Authenticate.pm line 505.

Last edited by:

heavybombers: Feb 12, 2002, 3:32 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [heavybombers] User log-in freak outs In reply to
Hi,

Can you do me a favor? Look up the userid of the user having problems, then run this query from Tools->SQL Monitor:

SELECT * FROM gforum_Session WHERE session_user_id = x

and replace x with the userid of the person having the problem.

If you can cut and paste the results and send it in a private message to me that will help track it down.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] User log-in freak outs In reply to
No result. SELECT * FROM gforum_Session only returns four rows of data, and none of those are the effected user (or at least the user complaining).

-Scott
Quote Reply
Is the error still happening? If so, send me admin access and the userid of the user having the problem and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] User log-in freak outs In reply to
Alex,

I have requested that the user attempt to log in again and notify me of the results. I have also sent an e-mail out to the entire subscriber base (243 users and growing) asking them to report instances of the error.

Of the two reporting it, both are moderators. Don't know if there is a connection there or not.

If he, or others, report back in the affirmative, I'll shoot you the details.

-Scott

Last edited by:

heavybombers: Feb 12, 2002, 4:09 PM
Quote Reply
Well this problem has escalated and I've had to shut my board totally down.

Any other MSSQL installations, of GT:Forums having problems?

-Scott
Quote Reply
I had a ton of problems with MSSQL giving "insert into" errors, I finally just switched to MySQL.

Realiiity.com Forums