Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

User Ban Not Working?

Quote Reply
User Ban Not Working?
I ran a simple test whereby I, the moderator, banned a fake user (me). I then checked the ban list and it said there was nobody banned. I also logged in as the fake user and was able to post. Is anyone else having problems with banning users in 1.1.8?
Quote Reply
Re: [Eric P] User Ban Not Working? In reply to
Based on your comments, i test the moderator ban feature, and ... oh god! this is not working for me too!!!!!!! Please some one help in this trouble PiratePirate

http://www.webconferencia.net/
Quote Reply
Re: [webconferencia] User Ban Not Working? In reply to
The user ban list is for IP addresses, not usernames. If you want to ban a user by name, just disable his account.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] User Ban Not Working? In reply to
ellipsiiis

With 1.1.8 the moderator can ban a user or an IP. There is a link "Ban: User | IP" below a user's name in their post. I tried both and neither work.
Quote Reply
It's maybe a bug. It 's appear in v.1.1.3, And fixed in v.1.1.4 . But in v.1.1.8 ...
Quote Reply
Re: [backdream] User Ban Not Working? In reply to
it works in your forum?

Quote Reply
I hope a patch can be generated for this bery quickly as I have a couple of "users" that have invaded and they have been banned from every other forum they visit.

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Re: [Boomer] User Ban Not Working? In reply to
Hello

File: include_post_display.html
A link like that :

Code:
<a href="gforum.cgi?do=disable_user;redo=<%this_do%>;post=<%post_id%>;so=<%so%>;sb=<%sb%>;user_id=<%user_id%>;<%hidden_query%>">User disable</a>

works fine to ban an user in my Forum

mfg hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
Re: [hoefti] User Ban Not Working? In reply to
Thanx Hoefti. The function disable_user work fine in my forum too. But that is a administrator feature, and i dont wish give to a moderator that property. I trusted in the forum ban feature, as a action that allow to a moderator to ban a user only from their forum, and leave the user available for other forums.

The point exposed by Eric P, force to me to review all the ban system in my forums, and that is serious to me Pirate.

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hello

File: include_post_display.html
A link like that :

Code:
<a href="gforum.cgi?do=disable_user;redo=<%this_do%>;post=<%post_id%>;so=<%so%>;sb=<%sb%>;user_id=<%user_id%>;<%hidden_query%>">User disable</a>

works fine to ban an user in my Forum

mfg hoefti

As I've mentioned before, I'm a template moron. Is there someplace in particular within the code that it should be placed?

Thanks

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Hello

in the file include_post_display.html
is an chapter:
Code:
<%-- Moderator/Administrator functionality --%>
Moderatorbanning: put
Code:
<a href="gforum.cgi?do=forum_ban_write;forum=<%forum_id%>;ban_type=user_id_fk;ban_value=<%user_id%>;ban_username=<%escape_url post_username%>;<%hidden_query%>">disable</a>
after this

Administratorbanning put:
Code:
<a href="gforum.cgi?do=disable_user;redo=<%this_do%>;post=<%post_id%>;so=<%so%>;sb=<%sb%>;user_id=<%user_id%>;<%hidden_query%>">disable!</a>

after
Code:
<% if current_user_status = 3%>

Only an Administrator is current_user_status = 3

This function works great on my Forum for Moderators and Administator too.

i hope i can help you

mfg hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
Hello

Please dont forget to make the modification in the template default_top too

mfg hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
Hi hoefti. First at all, i apreciate a lot you interest in helping.

I had a check in my templates (default & default_top) and is right with your comments, but the USER BAN function still is not working Pirate. Is strange... all see fine, but simply the BAN LIST is always clean (the user never is added)

However is good to know that this is working fine for other GT forum user, so we are not so far to fin a fix for this problem. Perhaps a GT staff member can give us some help?

Quote Reply
Hello webconferencia

Its ok.
In my Forum the function works.
If a moderator ban an user the User can go in every Forum outer the Forum he ist banned.
This Forum looks like a privat Forum its shows on the overview but he can`t get in.

I hope someone can help you

I wish you a great Weekend

hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
I'm not sure I did this correctly. Would you be so kind as to check it for me?

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
It's wrong Boomer.

I edit your template, and eliminate the code as you add beacuse this was placed in a wrong line, so all the users (registered or not) can see the function disable.

As i can see, your template should be work fine without modifications, then i think if user ban function is not working for you too, it should be for a problem unaware to the template. I have attached your template corrected. As i think, you dont need modificate the template to use the ban user and other moderator and administrator functions. This should be work, and i dont understand why it doesn't work .

Cya Wink

Last edited by:

webconferencia: Sep 20, 2002, 5:36 PM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
It's wrong Boomer.

I edit your template, and eliminate the code as you add beacuse this was placed in a wrong line, so all the users (registered or not) can see the function disable.

I have attached your template corrected.

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Hello

User ban working not?
Code:
<a href="gforum.cgi?do=forum_ban_write;forum=<%forum_id%>;ban_type=user_id_fk;ban_value=<%user_id%>;ban_username=<%escape_url post_username%>;<%hidden_query%>">Ban user in this Forum</a>

ist the code for the Link

i save the new Bans.pm on my Server

an when i ban a user he cant go in the Forum where he is banning

eq cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=44
is the Forum he is banning
now he goes to

cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=45

the next forum und he chance the URL
and the banning ist also not wlrking

@ Jagermann have you this note?

mysql says:
ban_id forum_id_fk ban_type user_id_fk ban_ip ban_reason ban_set ban_set_by_id ban_set_by_username_deleted ban_expiry
11 48 user_id_fk 4 N/A 5 1033819283 2 NULL 1034251283 Edit Delete

mfg hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht

Last edited by:

hoefti: Oct 5, 2002, 5:18 AM
Quote Reply
Just for reference of anyone who finds this post via searching etc., a fix is available in the Official Bug Fixes forum: [GForum 1.1.8] - Forum ban not working

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com