Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Unusual user problem

Quote Reply
Unusual user problem
I have a user reporting the following issue. It's not something anybody else is reporting and I'm unable to imagine what they've done wrong.

"I'm having problems logging in to the forums. Have to keep changing my password on each occasion. Would like to stick to my present password, but can't access using it??"

Any guesses? My first thought is that the user is doing something stupid, but what?
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Unusual user problem In reply to
Does the forum say their password is incorrect (ie. could it be that they disabled cookies)?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Sounds like they might be using the temporary password, which only works for a single login. Tell them to login with a temporary password, then go to their profile page and enter a password they want to use for future forum logins.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Unusual user problem In reply to
I think the user is going to attempt to apply the changes they keep making in their password.

We'll see if that solves the problem Crazy
Quote Reply
Well it took a while, but with careful handholding this user's issue is now resolved.

Oddly enough, the instructions printed in large, bold letters at the top of the "Edit Profile: User Profile" page were worth following! Cool