Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Unanswered Question

Quote Reply
Unanswered Question
From Last Month... please respond:

More than one account to same email Can't Post
I was searching for a user by her email address and discovered that she has five (5) user names assigned to this one (1) email address. Is there a way to say to limit this to one?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon Anderson
Babies Online.com
http://www.babiesonline.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon Anderson
Babies Online.com
Quote Reply
Re: [BabiesOnline] Unanswered Question In reply to
Hi,

Sorry about the late reply. We don't have anything like this currently, but will look to add it in a future version.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Unanswered Question In reply to
I'm just getting started looking at the forum to replace my existing one, and I'll want to do this as well, one account per email addy...

It looks to me in admin/GForum/User.pm sub signup_submit, you just need to add some code around line 247 to also check the user_email field, as well as the user_username field... The logic of the process should be exactly the same, if it exists error it out and don't forget to change the error message, it's name and update the langauage file for it...

I'm thinking that line 247 and 248 should be duplicated, changing the field there from user_username to user_email...

I haven't tested it, I'm not that far along in the code yet, so hopefully someone else can chime in with some help... HTH
Quote Reply
Re: [JerryP] Unanswered Question In reply to
You don't have to change the code, but you could write a plugin with a PRE hook for the "user_signup_submit" action.

You would then simply test if the "user_email" already exists and produce an error if it does.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins