Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Unable to locate template file 'message_delete_all_confirm.html'

Quote Reply
Unable to locate template file 'message_delete_all_confirm.html'
Using V1.2.2, upgraded from 1.2.0 only the red marked diffs to enable the new editor.

Do I need to create the file as well ? Or what am I missing ?
The error occurs when deleting private messages..
Quote Reply
Re: [blackjack] Unable to locate template file 'message_delete_all_confirm.html' In reply to
Are you using a custom template set (i.e. not 'default')? If so, you'll want to make sure you copy over any new files from the default templates, or, better yet, add a .tplinfo file into your custom template set that contains:

{
inheritance => '../default'
}

(You can copy the file over from default_top, if you prefer).

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Unable to locate template file 'message_delete_all_confirm.html' In reply to
Hi Jason, thanks for trying to help me. No, I am not using a different template as default even though people can choose a custom template. But the problem occured with the default template. The file you mentioned already existed in the default template dir bit it contained common instead of default. Changing this resulted in a not working extended editor.

As far as I understood all new template files should have been copied into that default dir and being used, unless changed before. Then I need to apply manually, because GF protects the changes. But those new files did not exist before, so why does the file not exist by now ? Or do I get something wrong ?
Quote Reply
Re: [blackjack] Unable to locate template file 'message_delete_all_confirm.html' In reply to
The .tplinfo file in default should refer to the common templates - default_top, for instance, inherits from default, which inherits from common, so templates request in default_top will first look in default, then, if not found, in common.

Does the 'message_delete_all_confirm.html' file exist in the default template set? If not, I suggest you run the 1.2.2 upgrade script again, which should install any missing templates into default. You can also keep an eye open during the upgrade for possible errors installing the message_delete_all_confirm.html template - there may be a permission problem preventing the new template from being installed.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com