Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Trying to install...

Quote Reply
Trying to install...
and I get this error while setting up the SQL Info

Error: Could not connect to database. Reason: Access denied for user: 'rayhne_rayhne@localhost' to database 'gforum'

any ideas?

Do I need to create the table first?

Last edited by:

rayhne: Aug 16, 2004, 5:17 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] Trying to install... In reply to
Okay, I figured this out but the question is, where is the forum? How do I reach it? I may have put the images in the wrong place...how can I safely move them?

Do you install it into the cgi-bin? (other then the images)

Last edited by:

rayhne: Aug 16, 2004, 5:37 PM
Quote Reply
Quote:
Okay, I figured this out but the question is, where is the forum? How do I reach it? I may have put the images in the wrong place...how can I safely move them?

If something got messed up, at this stage.. its just as easy to delete all the files, and start again (be careful you arn't deleting files unrelated to GForum).

Quote:
Do you install it into the cgi-bin? (other then the images)

Yeah, and then access it with http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Trying to install... In reply to
Okay, found it but can I safely move the images to another location and if so, how? Should I just uninstall (how do I do that) and reinstall?
Quote Reply
Quote:
Should I just uninstall (how do I do that) and reinstall?

All you should need to do, is delete the files related to community (i.e those in /your/path/cgi-bin/community/, and the images.

Then, just upload, and reinstall. The database shouldn't cause any problems, as if the table exists already, GForum ignores it, and doesn't try to make it :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
That error means the username/password is not being recognized by MySQL.
Quote Reply
Hi.

If your forum is accessible thru www and it's only the images that are broken due to the same being installed under cgi-bin (not your fault as default paths stated during install are within cgi-bin), then you could do the following:

connect to shell (if you have shell access).

mv /path/to/cgi-bin/gforum/images /path/to/web-browsable-directory

If no shell access, then above could also work thru FTP

edit Config/Data.pm for the path to images

And it should be ok.

If not then Andy's solution would be the last resort -- with a correction -- substitute community with gforum or whatever you installed forum under.

HyTC