Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Time Offset Selection.

Quote Reply
Time Offset Selection.
On the edit details form you should replace the Time-Offset input field with a select menu, and on that menu have the names of places in that Time-Zone listed. It was a bloody trial and error method for me to get my timezone worked out correctly with this forum. Is the time off-set here based off the server's location as opposed to GMT?

Offset: 11 hours (Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra) etc would be good to have on the select menu. Having it based off GMT time would be good.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Time Offset Selection. In reply to
hehe, yeah the server's time is GMT -8 (PST). So just add 8, and do whatever to make it your offset Tongue. It should probably display the server's current time next to the field so you can easily figure out the offset.
I think the problem with listing the timezone's is that daylight savings is virtually impossible to calculate properly (something like that).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Time Offset Selection. In reply to
There is probably a file out there that has the all the time zones with day light saving dates in it. Parsing it and changing the output based on the date. It would be useful Smile
Cheers,
Michael Bray