Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

This was helpful function

Quote Reply
This was helpful function
Would it be possible to think about having a review of messages system whereby people can indicate if a message was useful and hence people get 'brownie' points for posting interesting/useful messages. On par with Paul's Karma system...
A system like this would be fairly close to Paul's plug-in since it would be about letting people see interesting messages but it would be nice to see this in the official release of the forum. Smile

It may be nice to be able to look for high ranking messages on this basis in the search system rather than having them coming up top in a forum since this would play against the latest posted message system. People already have the ability to look at a specific persons posts so if they find a good poster they can view his last posts...

John
Significant Media

Last edited by:

Jag: Sep 21, 2002, 4:39 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] This was helpful function In reply to
I aggree, user ranking by performance would be fine.

And yes, post re-ordering/re-sorting by post user rating, would be also fine. Currently there is no any rating system for posts in the GForum.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...